Customer Expectations Guidelines
Bloomington Public Library has established the following guidelines with the intention of providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all library users.
While in the library, please…
- Treat people and property in a respectful manner.
- Monitor your personal belongings.
- Supervise dependent persons and children at all times.
- Talk in moderate tones.
- Wear appropriate attire. Shoes and shirts are required.
- Use designated areas to consume snacks and beverages in covered containers.
- Follow library computer policies including always using headphones when listening to audio.
- Use the lobbies to conduct cell phone conversations.
- Park bicycles in the bike rack.
- Adhere to acceptable standards of personal hygiene.
The following are not permitted in the library or on library property:
- tobacco and smoking of any kind, including the use of electronic cigarettes and any other devices that simulate tobacco smoking by producing an aerosol that resembles smoke.
- pets or animals, other than authorized service animals
- extensive personal grooming
- solicitation of any kind
- persons under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- disorderly, disruptive, or boisterous conduct
- threatening, harassing, or intimidating language or behavior
- dozing, sleeping, or loitering
- weapons or other items the general public views to be threatening
Failure to abide by these rules of conduct may lead to a suspension of your Library privileges.
The library reserves the right to respond to any and all conduct not expressly set forth herein.