Library Assistant, part-time, Circulation and Outreach Services
Date posted: August 12, 2022
Application deadline: August 28, 2022
Are you interested in providing excellent customer service to our diverse community? This position involves helping patrons with self-check and self-return systems, accessing the catalog, retrieving items, negotiating fees, issuing new accounts, shelving materials, and more. Must be able to effectively communicate with patrons in person, over the phone, and via email. Apply for this position if you are energetic, enjoy serving people, and if you want a job where every day is full of variety and challenge.
This position seeks an experienced customer service-oriented candidate. The candidate will enjoy helping people, providing phenomenal service, and have an interest in libraries and what they do as institutions for the communities they serve. The applicant must be willing to help build and maintain this type of ideal library.
- Staff the Check Out Desk and provide top quality, patron-focused interactions to people of all ages who visit the library or contact the library by phone or email
- Utilize the library’s computer system, email, and various software applications
- Perform basic circulation functions such as retrieving items placed on hold, assisting patrons using our Drive-Up service, and checking returned items for missing pieces or damage
- Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, positive attitude, proactive
- Ability to transport books within the library building
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and lift
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Hours: 19 per week, to include mornings, afternoons, evenings, and every other weekend (Saturday 8:30-5:00, Sunday 12:30-5:00). The hours of this position change as departmental needs change.
Education: Position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Salary: $14.00 per hour
To Apply: Submit Employment Application with a resume, including 3 references, to:
Gayle Tucker, HR Manager
Bloomington Public Library
205 E. Olive St.
Bloomington, IL 61701
Bloomington Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer