Community Room Information
- Accommodates approximately 200 standing, 100 in chairs (auditorium style), 50 at tables (classroom style), or 16 for a business meeting (4 tables in a square with chairs facing inward).
- Kitchen facility available, but the kitchen is not to be used for cooking/baking.
- There is a cordless sweeper located in the Community Room kitchen for touch-up cleaning. Please notify Circulation (Check Out Desk) to page a custodian if any spills occur.
- Hours of usage:
- Monday-Thursday 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday –Saturday 9:30a.m. to 4:30p.m.
- Sunday 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Community Room can be reserved by phone 309.828.6091, option 4, then option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Community Room is not considered reserved until Library staff has confirmed the reservation. Leaving a message does not secure a reservation for the Community Room.
- Reservation changes and cancellations must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the reservation by emailing email@example.com.
Community Room Policies:
Failure to abide by the following policies will jeopardize future meeting room use.
- Use of Library meeting rooms does not constitute Library endorsement of viewpoints expressed by participants in the program.
- The Library and its affiliates have first priority on use of the meeting rooms. Other requests will be considered in the order in which they are received. The Library reserves the right to cancel prior reservations when the Community Room is needed for Library or City of Bloomington purposes.
- Groups/organizations using the meetings rooms must comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, such as hiring an interpreter or providing auxiliary aids required under the Americans with Disabilities Act when requested by the public.
- There shall be no admission charges, no solicitation for donations, or selling of products or services at the meetings. However, if the room is reserved for a presentation by an author, they may sell their own published works.
- All groups/organizations are responsible for reimbursing the Library for any damages, unusual cleaning expenses, or security measures related to the meeting. The meeting rooms should be left in the same condition in which they were found.
- Group/organization attendees are subject to all Bloomington Public Library Policies including the Conduct Policy.
- Candles, any open flames, smoking, and alcohol are prohibited.
- No tacks, nails, or tape are to be placed in or on doors, walls, windows, or furniture. The Library will allow use of its bulletin boards or easels, if requested.
- The group/organization is responsible for the supervision of all children who may accompany its members. Children should remain with the group or be supervised by an adult who must remain with them.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for private/personal belongings.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for personal injury to any person or damage to the property of others.
- The meeting rooms are not available for private parties or social events.
- Groups/organizations are not allowed to use the Library as their official mailing address or phone number. When issuing posters, press releases, or other publicity, groups should make clear that their programs are not sponsored, co-sponsored, or approved by the library.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel a meeting because of weather related or building emergencies.
- The Library staff or security personnel will monitor the use of the meeting rooms and enforce all policies.
- Meetings that may become disruptive to normal Library operations must end immediately.
- Refreshments must be approved by the Library’s Meeting Room Coordinator. Meals are not allowed.
||Meetings intended for Public
||Private meetings, workshops, trainings
|For Profit Groups
||$40 per hour
||$40 per hour
||$15 per hour
- Payment of the usage fee must be made prior to or on the day of the reservation. An invoice is available upon request.
- The room can be reserved for a maximum of 6 hours per day by any one group/organization.
- Groups/organizations may use the Community Room up to twice per month.
- Groups/organizations may reserve the Community Room no more than 90 days prior to date of the meeting and no less than the day before the meeting. The Community Room is not considered reserved until Library staff has confirmed the reservation.
- Reservation changes and cancellations must be made no later than 24 hours prior to the reservation. Consistent failure to cancel and not notify the Library will jeopardize future meeting room use.