Bloomington Public Library is open during regular business hours.
The Library also continues to offer limited Bookmobile services at all stops, curbside pickup, online resources, and downloadable eMaterials.
In accordance with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control, masks are required to be worn by staff and patrons.
Masks must cover both nose and mouth.
- Patrons may once again sit in the Library and read a book or newspaper.
- Patrons can again sit together in small groups for the purpose of studying and tutoring.
- The library’s free Wi-Fi remains available 24 hours a day from inside the Library or from the Library's parking lot. No password is needed to access the Library's Wi-Fi.
- TeenZone is open for browsing during all operating hours. Computers are now currently available Monday-Thursday 5-9pm and Friday-Sunday 1-5pm. If a teen needs to use a computer or laptop outside of those hours, they should inquire in the Adult Services Department.
- A small number of computers are now available to children visiting the Children's Department.
The Bookmobile is making all its stops.
- Bookmobile users now have the option to board the Bookmobile and browse/checkout available materials, pickup items they've placed on hold, and return items.
- Due to space constraints, masks are required to be worn on the Bookmobile, and capacity limits will be in place.
- Patrons with available holds who are not interested in boarding the Bookmobile to browse may opt to text our bookmobile drivers at 309.310.5821 from their home or vehicle and wait for a response. Our bookmobile drivers will text back to let patrons know when their items are checked out and ready for pickup. Texting ahead is optional.
- The Bookmobile Schedule can be viewed online.
Bloomington Public Library offers curbside pickup for patrons on the go or those who are unable to enter the library. For more information visit Curbside Pickup.
The library’s online branch — offering eBooks, eAudiobooks, tutoring, job assistance, and much more — is available 24/7/365. View free available resources.