- Video Games
The checkout limits for movies/TV shows are as follows:
- 10 DVDs
- 10 Blu-Rays
- 10 Children's DVDs
- 10 Children's Blu-Rays
Please note, the Bookmobile limits the number of DVDs and Blu-Rays that can be checked out at one time to six (6).
- All movies are FREE to check out!
- All movies check out for one week. Late fees are 50 cents per day, up to a maximum fine of $10 per item.
- Movies may be reserved and renewed. Both of these services are free. You can renew and reserve movies in person, by phone, or in the online catalog.
The library has the following genres in its movie collection:
- Juvenile (in the Children's Room)
- Science Fiction
- TV Series
You can also get free music downloads via Freegal. Freegal allows you three free downloads per week with your Bloomington Public Library card. You can keep these MP3s indefinitely, they're yours for free! More information can be found here.
The music collection at Bloomington Public Library contains more than 6,000 CDs.
- You may check out up to 20 CDs at a time.
- All CDs are FREE to check out!
- All CDs check out for three weeks. Late fees are 10 cents per day, up to a maximum fine of $5 per item.
The collection is arranged by musical genre in the following categories:
- Ethnic and World Music
- Jazz and R&B
The Bloomington Public Library offers video games compatible with Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, Nintendo DS, Xbox, Playstation 2 and GameCube systems to check out. All video games are rated "E" for Everyone or "T" for Teen. Parents or guardians must decide what games are suitable for their children.
- You may check out up to 2 video games at a time.
- All video games are FREE to check out!
- All video games check out for one week. Late fees are 10 cents per day, up to a maximum fine of $5. If a game is lost or damaged while you have it checked out, you are responsible for the cost of the game plus a $5 processing fee.
- Video games may be reserved and renewed. Both of these services are free. You can renew and reserve video games in person, by phone, or in the catalog. Items are only renewed if no one else has the item on hold.
If you have suggestions for games to purchase, tell a librarian at the Reference Desk.
If you are in junior high or high school we also have video games to play at the library in the teenZone. Click here for more information.