Reading is fun. Sharing a book with others is even better! The Library offers several regular book clubs for you to enjoy lively conversation with others about books. New members are welcome at any time. Ask a librarian at the Reference Desk to receive your copy of the book.
The library's fiction book club meets at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month at the Bloomington Public Library. Books are available at the Library's Adult Services reference desk.
Below are the remaining 2017 dates and titles to be discussed:
- December 12
- Favorite Book Roundtable (fiction and mystery combined)—Note Date Change from our usual meeting date
Below are the 2018 dates and titles to be discussed:
- January 16
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
- February 20
- The Turner House by Angela Flournoy
- March 20
- Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
- April 17
- News of the World by Paulette Jiles
- May 15
- Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
- June 19
- Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
- July 17
- A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline
- August 21
- The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez
- September 18
- All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque (Meets at 5:30 pm and includes a film)
- October 16
- The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson
- November 20
- Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
- December 11
- End of the Year Favorite Book Roundtable with Mystery Book Club
Book Discussion Kits
The Bloomington Public Library has collected multiple copies of recent bestsellers and other popular titles and created Book Discussion Kits that may be checked out by book discussion groups.
Each kit has between six and 15 copies of a title and can be checked out for up to eight weeks at a time. You may check out up to two Book Discussion Kits at a time. Book Discussion Kits may not be renewed.
Search the phrase book club kit for a list of titles, and also can be found by clicking HERE.